We are excited to welcome back our referring veterinarians on June 11, 2022!
This year, we’re offering a modified, hybrid event to best serve your needs:
Want to attend the small or large animal session in person? Just select that option when you register. On June 11, breakfast and check-in starts at 7:00 a.m., with lunch concluding at 2:00 p.m. Our hospital street address is 2089 SW 16th Ave., Gainesville, FL 32608.
Would you rather watch the content virtually? We’ll send you a link after June 11. The videos will be available for thirty days. You must register for this option.
FOR ALL VETERINARIANS: The popular three-hour Florida Rules and Laws and Pharmacy Dispensing Rules course will be offered virtually only! Our veterinary pharmacist Dr. Megan Eide and UF attorney Brian Boelens will present updates; we will email all registrants a link and you can view the content for thirty days. We are not offering this course onsite this year.
Due to current guidelines, we ask that referring veterinarians refrain from changing registration from virtual to in-person. We are happy to switch you to virtual if that option better meets your needs after registering.
Have questions? Reach out to Lynn Varner at email@example.com or (352) 294-4645.
MORNING SESSIONS (2.5 CEU)
These sessions will be available to all in-person and virtual attendees.
Small Animal Session (Straughn Center)
- Angiotensin 2 Blockers for Proteinuria – Dr. Amanda Inman
- What’s Best for GI Imaging: Radiographs or Ultrasound? – Dr. Elodie Huguet
- What to Expect From a Surgical Oncologist – Dr. Judit Bertran
- Renal Biomarkers: Does the SDMA Test Solve All of Our Problems? – Dr. Autumn Harris
- Clinical Trials Update – Dr. Rowan Milner
- Are Those Lymphocytes That I am Looking At Benign or Malignant? – Dr. Stacey Fox-Alvarez
- Managing the UO Cat – Dr. Kathleen Maxwell
- Beyond BUN and Cr, What Else Can the Serum Chemistry Panel Reveal on CHF Patients? – Dr. Darcy Adin
- New Recommendations for IV Disc Disease – Dr. Sheila Carrera
- Subclinical Bacteriuri: is it really ok not to Rx? – Dr. Andrew Specht
Large Animal Session (Banfield Room)
- Urolithiasis in small ruminants – Dr. Anje Bauck
- Cantharidin toxicity in horses – Dr. Todd Holbrook
- Recruitment and retention of equine students and veterinarians: The data and what we can do – Dr. Amanda House
- Endocrine update – Dr. Martha Mallicote
- What a pain in the neck! Approaches to cervical spine disorders – Dr. Sally DeNotta
- Transvenous Electrical Cardioversion (TVEC) for atrial fibrillation – Dr. Michael Aherne
- Abortion work up: A case-based approach – Dr. Audrey Kelleman
- More questions than answers: Medicine cases of the year – Dr. Daniela Luethy
- Electrochemotherapy: A new treatment option for tumors – Dr. Diego DeGasperi
LUNCH WITH A SPECIALIST (1 CEU)
In-person attendees may select one topic to learn about during lunch; tables are available to a limited number of registrants. This additional hour of CE is not available virtually.
Small Animal Lunch Presenting Faculty
NOTE: Small animal specialist tables are now full. You are welcome to request a standby seat at check-in; we encourage you to socialize with your colleagues and visit with our sponsors as well!
- Some new treatments for heart failure – Dr. Darcy Adin
- Anything mast cell – Dr. Judit Bertran and Stacey Fox-Alvarez
- Pit viper antivenoms: the why’s and which to use – Dr. Michael Schaer
- Bothersome bugs in UTI: Clinical approach for recurrent or resistant types – Dr. Andrew Specht
- What’s new with CKD and proteinuria management? – Dr. Autumn Harris
- Triage: treatment guidelines – Dr. Jessica Hutson
- The newer epileptic drugs – Dr. Sheila Carrera
Large Animal Lunch Presenting Faculty
- Ask the specialists: Large Animal Internal Medicine – Drs. Daniela Luethy, Sally DeNotta and Martha Mallicote
- Ask a specialist: Large Animal Surgery – Dr. Diego DeGasperi
- Ask a specialist: Theriogenology – Dr. Audrey Kelleman
For Small and Large Animal Veterinarians
- Mental Wellness in Your Practice – Erica Cuneo, LCSW
3-HOUR VIRTUAL PHARMACY CE
The most sought-after session every year is Florida Rules and Laws and Pharmacy Dispensing Rules. We are happy to present the entire three-hour course at no charge, available for all registrants virtually. You will receive a link to access the course after June 11. The pharmacy course will not be presented in person.
OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS
We are pleased to recognize our sponsors. Their continued support allows us to present this course free of charge.
PREMIUM SPONSORS: These companies are sponsoring CE for both referring veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
We hope you will visit each sponsor’s table to learn more about their products and commitment to continuing education for all veterinary professionals.
Ready to sign up? Both registration types will give you access to the virtual-only three-hour Florida Rules and Laws and Pharmacy Dispensing Rules. Lunch with a Specialist topics are available only for in-person attendees.